Sunday, September 14, 2014

New Raised No Dig Garden - Completed

I think I may have over-planted this garden in my enthusiasm to get it started! We moved the frame that we collected off the verge last week into the garden so that we can use it as a frame for the peas and beans that I planted. Also planted, squash, lettuce, capsicum and coriander. I guess it is one way of finding out which plants will like this spot.

 I also added compost and mulch before planting and then watered them in.I needed to use some of the old mulch from the front and was really pleased to see how many worms there were in it and how much the chips had broken down into soil. That does demonstrate that for it to work well it needs to be deep, which is not the case everywhere in the garden as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment