Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Happy St David's Day

Source

One of my students reminded me that the 1st of March is St David's Day, a very important day in Wales and for Welsh folk around the world. In the sixties and seventies when I was growing up in the UK I was very lucky to have an Aunty and Uncle who loved to go camping so we spent many happy holidays in North Wales which was nearby. I still remember how much fun it was going to the seaside and then into the beautiful countryside and visiting the historic and interesting buildings and places. I was also lucky enough to attend a two week camp on Anglesey with other young people from all around the country. It was a world away from everyday life and one day I would love to visit again and explore the whole of Wales.  For more information on St David's Day (Dydd Gwŷl Dewi (Sant) hapus) you can click on this link.

Source
For more information on visiting Wales you can click on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment