Thursday, March 30, 2017

Richgro - Waste To Clean Energy and Compost

Source
A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to go an excursion to Richgro with Horticulture students and it was an extremely interesting and inspiring place to visit. As someone who takes recycling and organic gardening very seriously it was like being in a second home there. We had guides explaining all of the processes that are occurring there and how much time, thought and energy, is going into making this plant not only sustainable but beneficial to the environment. I had known that they transformed food waste into compost but now every time I see a Veolia truck now I smile because I know that it is taking waste products to be transformed into compost or energy. For more information you can click on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment